Christmas is fast approaching … again, and we are all thinking about Christmas themed crafts.
A few weeks ago I started a new board on Pinterest to gather some Christmas craft ideas — and there are plenty of them out there 😉
- Christmas Antler Mug Rug: (e-pattern) — I’ve never made anything patchwork related, but this is adorably tempting, and at $1.99 USD you can’t really go wrong. Not keen on reindeer, then check out the other designs on Amanda’s Craftsy store for more options, including a bundle of 10 Christmas themed mug rug patterns for just $10 USD.
- 50 Cute Holiday Treats: (tutorials) — Food is always a big thing at Christmas time. There are always so many treats, and never enough time to eat them all. They can also make great Christmas gift ideas. In this post ‘Something Swanky’ has put together list of 50 tasty treats to make … yum 🙂
- Mini Crochet Pouches: (e-patterns) — Petra, from Zoom Yummy, has a crochet pattern for these adorable little Christmas pouches to make. They would make very cute tree decorations filled with little treats for family and guests. Petra has several other Christmas themes patterns available in her Etsy shop including a Christmas MegaPack containing 10 Christmas ornament patterns.
- Personalized Mug: (tutorials) — Tuts+ has a great tutorial for turning a plain white coffee mug into a work of art – these always makes great gifts. There are several products you can use to do this, this tutorial uses porcelain markers, but this tutorial by ‘Somewhat Simple’ uses Sharpies markers, and this page from ‘the perfect line magazine’ has some more great ideas as well as links to several tutorials and other produces that can be used to create these outstanding one-of-a-kind gifts.
- Custom Christmas Cards: (tutorial) — PicMonkey is a great free online photo editing program, but did you know you can also create other things including Christmas cards and tags using PicMonkey — you don’t even need a photo 😉 Check out this Youtube tutorial from PicMonkey on how to create your own Christmas cards and gift tags.
- Snow Bird Ornaments: (e-pattern) — These lovely ‘Snow Birds’ are hand stitched in wool felt and then embroidered, the pattern can be found here on ‘mmmcraft’s’ Etsy shop. Designer, Larissa Holland, has a number of beautiful patterns available including three (so far) based on the ’12 Days Of Christmas’ song. They are … ‘Partridge & Pear’; ‘Turtle Dove‘ and ‘French Hen’.
- Elf Shoe Napkins: (tutorial) — Instead of just tossing a few napkins onto the table this year, try this very easy but very cute tutorial for turning you napkins into part of the table decoration.
- Giant Snow Globe: (tutorial) — and lastly … one more table decoration idea. Why not use this tutorial to create a unique centre piece or mantel decoration this year create your own Christmas scene in a fish bowl. 🙂
So these it is, my top eight pick for Christmas craft ideas for 2014.
What Christmas crafts will you be doing this festive season? Will they be for decorations of gifts? Leave a comment below what craftyness you will be getting up to this year 🙂
Happy crafting …